Though I am well aware that the world has mixed opinions about old St. Valentine, I LOVE this holiday. I always have; because I love love. Sure maybe Hallmark does capitalizes on this day, but who cares? (Hate to break it, businesses capitalize on your emotions on the reg). I think it’s really sweet that there is an official day dedicated to sharing love. ❤
I’ve spent Valentine’s Day in a relationship and I’ve spent it single, and I’ve had a great time both ways. My Vtine’s agenda is always just to spend the day doing whatever I want to do. This year, I celebrated early with a trip to the mall and some online shopping. Among other things, I purchased these for myself:
- February Cosmopolitan mag with girl crush Ruby Rose on the cover – disclaimer, I didn’t even have to leave the house to get this one. It was delivered
- Kylie Cosmetics Koko Kollection – okay I didn’t have to leave the house for this one either. I held off on purchasing anything Kylie for a long time strictly on principle. But then I realized that people actually loved her products. My willpower can only last so long
- Too Faced Love Flush blush in Your Love is King – I could NOT resist this product as a self-given Valentine’s gift. Unlimited props to the Too Faced packaging team
- MAC Shadescents Perfume in Candy Yum Yum – Did you know MAC has fragrance? I received a small sample with another order and fell in love with this scent. It’s delicious without going full Jessica Simpson Cupcake (tbt)
- New Shades – Because I found a cute little boutique within the mall and they were under $20
Since my SO lives in another state, tonight is all about #1 (and #2). And since I already celebrated with my little shopping splurge, I’ll probably spend the evening watching Netflix and eating pizza. That’s love if I’ve ever felt it.
Fun fact for the anti-mushy crowd: “Valentinus” comes from the Latin word for worthy, strong or powerful — if that doesn’t inspire you to treat yo’ self then I don’t know what will.